Children and adolescents sometimes face a complex world of social networking, with pressures and consequences that are often beyond the understanding of themselves and their parents.
Our child psychologists specialise in connecting with your child and assisting them in overcoming their struggle whilst educating them how to better understand themselves and the world around them. Research shows that early intervention with children and teenagers often leads to greater success in adulthood and can assist in the prevention of anxiety, depression, and anger as well as resilience to stress.
Our approach to child counselling therapy is based on successful, well established methods that greatly benefit the individual and our clinicians ensure that where in the best interest of your child, parents will be included or informed throughout the process. We can also assist parents with tools to assist with their child’s issues and to improve their relationship with their child when needed.
Mind@Work Psychology has experienced therapists who can help children reach their full potential through counselling.
We believe in the importance of early intervention as an essential tool in assisting the prevention of additional future issues.
To enquire or book in a time for your child to meet with one of the psychologists at Mind@Work Psychology, call us on 0431 532 637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common difficulties experienced by children and adolescents requiring the help of a child psychologist include:
- Attachment issues
- Coping with the arrival of a new sibling
- Sleep issues, including night terrors and bedwetting
- Oppositional defiance disorder and anger issues
- School transitions / academic pressure
- Poor self-confidence and social difficulties
- Bullying and online harassment
- Coping with the separation or divorce of parents / grief and loss
- Body image issues and eating disorders requiring counselling
- Self-harming, addictions, anxiety and depression